The Obama Foundation and the University of Chicago announced the Obama Foundation Scholars Program, a new program at the Harris School of Public Policy to support the next generation of leaders making an impact on issues in their communities and around the world. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a new program from the Obama Foundation and the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy for rising leaders from around the world who are focused on an issue of global importance, have a track record and commitment to advancing the public good, and want to accelerate their impact. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program seeks a diverse cohort for our first class who represent a cross-section of backgrounds including those working in government, the private sector, and NGOs and civil society organizations.
Location: Chicago, U.S.A.
Scholarship type: Full funding
Obama Foundation Scholars at the University of Chicago will earn a Master of Arts degree focused on International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy.
- In addition to classroom studies, the Obama Foundation will offer a robust program of leadership development and service activities throughout the academic year to help Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
- These may include leadership development convenings; program experiences in New York and Washington, DC; speaker series with innovators across a variety of sectors; individual and group service projects; mentorship through the Obama Foundation network; potential internship placements; and action plan development for post-program activities.
- Some of these Foundation activities will include experiences throughout Chicago and the South Side. By engaging with the local community, students will have the opportunity to complement what they learn in the classroom and also to bring their unique perspectives to Chicago.
- Receive a one-of-a-kind scholarship that includes full tuition, living expenses, books, and access to exceptional programming outside the classroom in partnership with the Obama Foundation. You’ll also be part of a network of rising leaders.
- It’s an experience that is sure to change you—and will help you change the world.
Eligibility: Open for all nationalities.
For more details or to apply visit: https://harris.uchicago.edu/obama-scholars