Have you heard the name of great warrior Alexandar? There is a popular saying of Alexandar that “Experience is the father of all things”. While you are searching a job one thing peep through your mind eyes that experience. Each and every company or organization hires an experienced employee.This seems to be the biggest issue for young adults transitioning into the workforce these days.
Is there any way to gain experience before entering the job. Ask yourself and search through internet. Only one solution will explore that internship. Expert says “You need the experience to get experience.” Today’s competitive world you have to fight every moment for securing the coveted position in a company. The employer in today’s labor market relies heavily on resumes that illustrate real-life experience. Take a moment and think about it. If you’re looking to gain experience, working as an intern is arguably the most advantageous plan of action.Some important aspects why work experience is important are:
- Gain knowledge: Your academic studies can be enriched by the new perspectives, experience and commercial awareness that you gain while you are working in an industry environment
- Develop key skills: A work placement provides the opportunity for you to develop key employability skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, communication and time management that graduate recruiters look for.
- Explore different career options: A work placement will let you ‘try before you buy’ and often give you a taste of several different roles available within a company to give you new ideas about career options.
- Secure a graduate job: A work placement will give you a competitive edge when it comes to applying for graduate jobs. Employers prefer graduates who have experience and it isn’t unheard of for an employer to offer a graduate role to students who have already completed a placement or internship with them.
- Go global: As a student at Middlesex, you can undertake work experience anywhere in Mauritius – or even abroad through the Aiesec
- Get paid while you study: Many placements can be well paid, an excellent way to fund the cost of your studies
According to a survey by the City & Guilds vocational training organization, and two-thirds of employers would be more likely to hire a young person with work experience over someone with none.Some quotation about the experience from the part is given below:
Karren Brady, LifeSkills ambassador
“Work experience is vitally important in helping young people make the difficult transition from school into work.
Ashok Vaswani, chief executive of corporate and personal banking at Barclays
“Work experience gives you an opportunity to find something you are really passionate about. It enables you to try different things, identify your strengths and discover what makes you happiest. Take full advantage of this. It can be tricky getting experience but don’t give up. Knock on doors, speak to friends and family. It only takes one person to believe in you. They could give you the experience to kick-start your career.”
Barry Jhonson, Executive director of Learning Partners
“If you were choosing between two candidates, you’d always take the one with work experience. Schools and universities, in general, don’t prepare young people for work.”
There is plenty of research to say why work experience is vital, says Tristram Hooley, professor of career education at Derby University. He believes work experience should be built into the education system from a relatively young age, even though short placements for 14 to 16-year-old pupils are no longer compulsory.
I really hope that through reading this that you’ll understand the relevance and importance of work experience. Stay with us to know more about career tips.